Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: State of the Union Address.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Guest 's Avatar

    State of the Union Address.

    Looks like we have more problems, but still few answers from either party.
    How can you still pay for others receiving Social Security and put so much into a savings program. I myself am already paying into a 401K plan.
    However, with the market currently down the return is not that great. Yet if we pay into our own plan to retire. What percentage do we pay into Social Security?
    And who is to oversee this that no one ends us broke or nothing to retire own. Just Monday plans was announced to enlarge the IRS?
    Some of these plans i just do not agree with or understand. Neither party seems to be able to put out a clear agenda.


    Social Security Reform

  2. #2
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: State of the Union Address.

    The social security plan is farce. I agree with you, regardless of Republican or Democrat, the Social Security reform is ridiculous and needs to be taken care of immediately.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: State of the Union Address.

    I can tell you exactly what will happen with Socal securty .....nothing......until it actualy starts loseing money (predicted to happen in 2014?) at which point they will A.) Raise SS tax. B.)Raise the Retirement age. C.)Both A and B...............of course they could fall back on work until you DIE (that is the plan I am planning on working under )

  4. #4
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: State of the Union Address.

    I think we are there Counts. I got the new age adjustment paper about two months back. At my current age to retire with full SS benefits i now have to be 67. That was stated at least three times in the letter age adjustment. I now hear that that age may be increased to 70?
    Right now we are seeing what was meant as something good, fall apart for us who will retire in the next 20-25-30 yrs.
    Personally im not even looking to see social security. I've increased my input into my 401K to the maximum. As i see it. It may be my only hope. Yet now in a unpredicatable world that is no surety. What was once guaranteed percentages is barely talked about any more in 401K plans.
    I don't know what the answer is. And honestly i don't see either political party having an answer.
    Only thing i see is a political fight ahead and something to keep our minds off a few things such as Iraq.
    Gas prices back up. Were at war. And the economy is all to crap in most regards.
    Remind anyone of the Nixon, Ford , Carter yrs?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member DukeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2004
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: State of the Union Address.

    The job you got LPD, you can work until you die, I know, cause i do the same thing, you all quit crying about retirement, hell life is over when you get that damn old anyway, eat, drink, and be merry, for tommorow a friggin queer loving democrat will be elected!

  6. #6
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: State of the Union Address.

    Kind of accepted it may not be there for me.
    I wonder what others are gonna do. Kids being born today. From the time they are born. Their in debt?
    I don't know how to fix it. But it seems those even at the top have no clue either.
    What bothers me. We still will be paying into it. And at some point and time we will have our own private run retirements, with personal savings.
    As you said, it is the job. But man no job deserves our lives. We give enough as it is. Until i had to be off i think the most time i have ever taken off was sick days.
    Older i get i wonder, was i a fool for trying to be a good employee or was i an example?
    Right now and seeing how i may be done when it comes time to retire. A fool. Wasted a lot of time i could of spent doing what i wanted. Instead i did what i thought was right.
    Either way no matter what the job. You never do enough in the eyes of most.
    Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. Either way were damned.

  7. #7
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: State of the Union Address.

    what i saw was nothing but empty rhetoric. the Democrats don't want to upset the current system enough. The Republicans want to get rid of the system entirely if they had their way simply because they haven't liked it for 70 years. SS would have been fine if it wasnt robbed for the past 40 years to pay for other spending. what irks me about the current system is my father retired from the federal civil service and was forced to pay INTO the system for 35 years, but wasn't allowed to receive the benefit on top of his federal pension so the government could cut corners on the budget. thats just plain robbery.

  8. #8
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: State of the Union Address.

    Till the last couple of elections the gay issues weren't that big an issue, someone isn't doing too well with the gender thing are they? If you want to spend the rest of your days following the "closet set" of folks ripping off the working people , then be quiet and follow. I might be headed for hell, but I ain't gonna leave any doubt about my joy in "Jackass the President" running things. The figures came out on his budget- great, till it was noticed that defence wasn't included, Social Security, great idea but everytime he is asked about how he will pay for his changes , he gets a lil' senile. And remember we got to help this gent (or knock him off ) cause, the people have spoken and he is what we want. Haha, saddle up this should be a real trip. Syria has been sending people and supplies into Iraq since the beginning, but you don't see much effort to close the Syria/Iraq border, some logic, huh? And if you wish to support the super rich by slaving till you die, feel free to send a little cash to ssspudsscam.irs.dodge It's tax deductible! I don't care what party is prez , I just want MY share. Bush figures there is enough to do the older folks, the younger ones are too dumb to see what is coming(some of them anyway) and he is just hoping that some old Dawg don't get trigger happy. But as long as we hain't got no friggun quair luvin dumbacrat- I can rest well. I only had to work 14.5 hours today my hain't thangs agettin better, but out of the last 24 years we pretty much have had the same stuff for 8 Reagan ,4 Bush and 6 Bush the latter, that makes 18 of 24 and that sorry Clinton just stumbled into the 8 best years of the whole bunch , surplus money, a few jobs- but I'm pretty tired and even though I have 26 years underground, I still need 22 or 25 more , to get to the Social Security I've paid into since I was 15. But what is one hillbilly more or less, that is what they thought about Sgt York, till he killed and captured 160 Germans. You never know who is flyin the plane anymore do you?

  9. #9
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: State of the Union Address.

    Clinton stumbled into 8 years of prosperity and 100 years back in security. id rather pay 2.00 a gallon for gas then not be able to walk around the streets of DC with fear of a Boeing landing on me. This isnt directed AT YOU Spuds, just commenting on the topic as a whole..I know you and I disagree on these issues, your one of the elite group on here I do listen and hold high amounts of respect for. But Social Security isnt a lrge concern for me when I have little faith Ill live to see it under Clintons rule.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •